What Is Zen?
To be ‘zen‘ is to have total peace of mind, it is a state of relaxation that brings a sense of tranquility and calm to a person. In order to have a zen mind or a zen moment one is generally expected to practice meditation and obtain enlightenment, but zen practices should also be incorporated into the everyday life and encompass the human spirit more broadly. To do this we have 10 ways that you can reach a zen mood, take a look!
1. Live Simply – Let go of what is unnecessary, only hold onto the things that truly enrich your life and fill you with joy.
2. Release Anger – Anger only hurts the person that feels the emotion, not the person it is aimed towards. In order to feel zen, release all of the anger that is built up inside you and practice forgiveness instead.
3. Smile At Others – There is great happiness to be found in making other people feel good, so put yourself in a zen mood by smiling and being kind to those around you.
4. Take A Break – Give yourself a zen moment at some stage of the day by taking some time for yourself to do whatever you enjoy or whatever relaxes you. A zen moment could be as simple as having a nice cup of tea, just make sure to appreciate it more than usual!
5. Don’t Get Attached to Things – Money and materialistic items do not serve to bring us happiness or satisfaction, they are mere distractions from what really matters in life. To practice feeling zen more often try to give up the items that we place monetary value on and place your value on experiences and making memories instead.
6. Do Less – A complicated, hectic life is rarely a zen one so if you need more peace in your life give up some unnecessary responsibilities that are weighing you down and stressing you out. Simplify your life so that it reflects who you really are and what you really want.
7. Love Fully – Remind your loved ones that you are there for them and that you love them, and live your life with an open heart. Once you are open to the idea and prospect of love, you will find that it will also be open to you.
8. Finish What You Start – Do everything with conviction and finish what you start, or if not at least have the courage to decide that something isn’t working out so that you can put an end to it.
9. Have No Fear – Live your life with as little fear as possible and make decisions based on what you should do, not based on what you feel comfortable with. Push yourself to do things that scare you and embrace new challenges every day.
10. Let Go Of The Past – Do not dwell on what has happened in the past, it is gone and cannot be changed. Look forward to what you can do to make your life better in the future and live in the only time that truly exists, right now.
That was our ten steps to zen, we hope you have lots of zen moments today and everyday. Namaste!