Mindful people are able to do things in a different way from everybody else. How many of these do you recognize yourself in?
During the latest years, more and more research has been legitimizing the practice of mindfulness and mindful thinking. Many people have been trying to adopt it into their lifestyle. But what does it mean to be mindful? Here are 10 things mindful people do differently from the rest of us.
1. They don’t believe their thoughts. They don’t take them seriously, and this allows them to think outside the box and outside their system of beliefs, ever moving forwards.
2. They do one thing at a time. They are able to multitask, but they choose not to. Focusing on a single thing is so much better, because the results will yield a better quality and they know it.
3. They slow down when they read. Because that way they can truly take in the information. Cramming in all the information possible and reading fast does not give any satisfaction to them; they prefer to go slow.
4. They nourish their bodies. Mindful people like feeding their minds, but their bodies as well. They know that healthy foods will keep them alive positively, and that they will help them think clearly.
5. They live in the moment. They understand that not everything lasts forever, and that some things just come and go. That’s why every moment is important, and needs to be savored.
6. They are curious. They are always looking for new questions and answers. Their mind stays hungry, and they approach everything with childlike curiosity.
7. Everyday tasks become mindful moments. For them, even the most mundane of activities needs to be lived to its fullest. They can derive pleasure from drawing a curtain, or from brewing coffee.
8. They enjoy their food. They eat with the intention of caring for themselves, and they know that they should be grateful for the food that is given them.
9. They listen. Not everybody is capable of listening. The mind tends to wonder, and thoughts often stands above the voice of who is talking. But not in mindful people. They listen, and non judgmentally focus on what the other person is saying.
10. They take strategic breaks. Mindful people know perfectly well that in order to give 100% they need to take a break every hour. They increase their productivity by rejuvenating the mind.
That’s it! Did you recognize yourself in these mindful thinking traits? Let us know in the comments down below, and don’t forget to share this article with your friends!