Developing good habits and changing old ones is never easy, but there is no better time to do it then at the start of a brand new year. Learn to let go of the things that didn’t work, and welcome new ideas and fresh approaches that you’ve never tried before. Make 2017 the year that you listen to your inner voice and trust your instinct when making decisions, after all you are the only person that knows what’s best for you.
Here are 10 things you should let go of if you want to start moving forward in life and reach personal success and contentment before the year is out.
1. Let go of feeling worried all the time. Life happens whether you worry or not, and worrying will not prevent bad things from happening nor will it make a bad situation any better.
2. Let go of the things you can’t control. If you really want something, go after it with all your might. But if it is not meant to be yours, let it go graciously.
3. Let go of feeling sorry for yourself. When life deals you a bad hand remember that there are people with much more on their plates and you are probably doing better than a lot of people.
4. Let go of the things you can’t change about yourself, accept who you are and be proud of all of the great things you do have and can do.
5. Let go of the whats, hows, ifs and buts, just let life happen. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in order to gain something great.
6. Let go of the people who no longer serve a purpose in your life, you will have so much more room for the ones that truly matter.
7. Let go of guilt. If you make a mistake, recognise it, rectify it if you can, and most importantly just move on. You are not perfect, and no one expects you to be either.
8. Let go of life plans. Sometimes things happen, sometimes they don’t, but more often than not life works itself out anyway so don’t get caught up in unrealistic time frames and expectancies for what life should look like.
9. Let go of fear, push the boundaries of what you think you can do and don’t hold yourself back. When you conquer your fears, you can start to conquer the world.
10. Let go of the past and the things you can’t change. It’s difficult to do, but until you learn how to do it you will struggle to get the most out of life. Focus on the future and what’s to come and leave the things that didn’t make it to this point where they belong, behind you.
Make a habit out of making good habits and your life will look completely different in just a few months time, all it takes is the willingness to start and the strength to continue.