A new year means a new chance to make lots of promises we know we won’t keep. Despite this, we all love making new year’s resolutions and telling ourselves that THIS is the year where everything changes and we finally get our act together. When it comes to self improvement and personal growth, it is important to take small steps and move slowly towards a bigger goal, rather than setting yourself unrealistic targets that you will just give up on. Here are 12 simple changes you can make to your life this year..
1. Digital Detox – Spend less time on your phone, laptop or tablet and make a conscious decision to reach out to people and make tangible connections instead.
2. Stay Hydrated – Up your water intake and try to drink a few more glasses of the clear stuff a day to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
3. Stay On Top Of Chores – Make 2017 the year you become more organised. Start doing chores throughout the week rather than letting them pile up, and plan your days out so that you stay on top of things.
4. Go To Bed Earlier – Make sure you get lots of sleep in the new year, start going to bed a bit earlier and don’t have any distractions around you before you hit the hay.
5. Eat More Fruit And Veg – It’s important to have a diet filled with a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables so try to include more of both at meal-times, even if it means buying a juicer.
6. Remove Toxic Friends – If you have people in your life who don’t add anything of value, make it your business to say goodbye to them this year. Life is too short to spend it in the wrong company.
7. Eat Less Sugar – Remove the sugary items from your diet and replace them with nutritionally dense foods instead, you will look and feel better in no time if you do.
8. Wear Sunscreen – Fan’s of Baz Luhrmann’s Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen will know that this is some of the best advice you will ever receive. If you want young, healthy skin, don’t go out in the sun without protecting it.
9. Go Somewhere New – It’s nice to go somewhere you’ve never been at least once each year, so use your holidays wisely and branch out a little when choosing holiday destinations.
10. Get Out Of Debt – If you’re not in debt, don’t get into it. If you are in debt, make it the year that you get out of it for good even if it means making short term sacrifices. The freedom that comes with being debt free will make it all worth it in the end.
11. Meditate Daily – Meditation reduces stress and lowers anxiety so make it your mission to meditate as frequently as possible in 2017.
12. Worry Less – Worrying never solved any problems, so this year try to cut out the amount of time you spend worrying and just go with the winds of change instead.
We hope you enjoyed our suggestions for goal setting and self improvement in the new year, what are some of your new year’s resolutions?