When life gives you lemons, make lemon water! Here is a list of 7 reasons why you should start enjoying a glass of this drink every morning.
I started drinking lemon water for weight loss after a friend told me about how amazing it was. A glass in the morning during the summer gave a fresh start to my days, and I soon became an avid drinker of this amazing concoction. Little did I know about the many other health benefits of drinking lemon water that I was unknowingly enjoying. A small personal research has recently revealed to me the secrets of this drink; here are the 7 reasons you should start drinking lemon water!
But first of all, Why Lemons?
Lemons are packed full of nutrients, including Vitamin C, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and fibers. However, they are quite acidic and drinking their juice straight can be rather unpleasant and harmful to the enamel of your teeth. To fully receive the nutrients, dilute the juice into lukewarm water and drink it in the morning 30 minutes before eating your breakfast. This will help you enjoy to the fullest the health benefits of drinking lemon water, which are listed below:
1. Helps you lose weight. As I mentioned, the main reason I started drinking lemon juice was because I was on a diet. The fibers contained in the lemon help fight cravings and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
2. Freshens your breath. It helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis as well! Just hold off brushing your teeth right after drinking it, as the citric acid erodes tooth enamel.
3. Helps cut out the caffeine. Try replacing your usual coffee with a warm cup of lemon water in the morning. I discovered that by doing so I do not feel the usual crash due to the lack of caffeine in the afternoon.
4. Gives you an energy boost. The scent of lemons helps you calm down your nerves, and the juice provides your body with energy as soon as it enters your digestive tract.
5. Helps cleansing your body. It flushes out toxins from your system, cleansing your body.
6. Aids digestion. It helps relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and burping.
7. Cleans your skin. By detoxifying your body, your skin will look more radiant and more healthy
I hope you enjoyed this list of health benefits of drinking lemon water that I recently found out about! Try drinking it in the morning for a couple of weeks, and see it it makes a difference for you just like it did for me.