Mental health is a popular topic these days as so many people suffer from mental health problems and struggle with a range of conditions relating to the mind. One of the reasons why people suffer mentally is because they don’t look after themselves on a mindful level, rather they worry about external objectives such as financial and material requirements, work life, and societal pressures. These things, amongst others, can prevent us from looking after one of the most important aspects of ourselves – our soul. Nurture your soul and you will find happiness finds you.
Here’s how you can show yourself some self love and take care of the soul that resides within you.
“Don’t gain the world and lose your soul.”
1. Trust Your Gut – If something feels wrong, it probably is. Whether that’s a person, place or thing if you have a bad feeling about it then avoid. Follow your instincts in life and your soul will be much better off.
2. Learn To Say No – We can sometimes get caught up in our desire to people please and not cause friction or upset. In doing this we run the risk of ruining our own happiness so learning to say no is important – be strong in your decisions and do what’s right for you.
3. Don’t Speak Bad Of Yourself – A healthy mind is created when we believe in ourselves and our thoughts align with our actions. If you think negatively, you will begin to think that this is the truth. Nurture your soul by being positive about yourself even in the most difficult of times.
“Take care of how you speak to yourself, you are listening.”
4. Speak The Truth – When you lie to others about who you are, you start to believe it. Don’t be afraid to be yourself and speak from the soul, this is the only way to find happiness.
5. Love Fully – Not sharing your whole self with people, holding back and being afraid of hurt and pain will only make you miss out on the most beautiful aspect of life. Don’t allow being burned to make you feel like you shouldn’t give the world as much love as possible. Love yourself and everyone else with utmost passion, your soul will be soon be set alight.
6. Be Kind To Yourself – Self love is key to a healthy mind and soul. Accept yourself without question, accept your flaws and weaknesses and concentrate on all the good things you bring to the world.
7. Revel In The Sacred – Sacred moments are found in every moment of every day. From an act of kindness to an exchange of smiles between two people to the leaves and trees that surround us – appreciate the beauty in the everyday. What is sacred feeds the soul.
8. Avoid The Negative – Stay away from negative, toxic situations that create drama and hostility. They will bring you down and cause deep unhappiness if you are exposed to it for too long. Always follow a positive path in life and when people or situations threaten to destroy your peace – remove yourself!
Take care of the soul above all else, becoming disconnected from ourselves can be dangerous for the health of our minds and our overall happiness. Trust in who you are and the stars will find it far easier to align.