Plenty of us have heard something about Chakra meditation, but we don’t really know what it is. What are chakras? How do they affect your mind, body and soul?
I asked the same questions. So we at Meditation Relax Club put together a chakra meditation for beginners so our readers could grab a better understanding of this ancient form of meditation. So let’s start with the first question.
What are chakras?
A single chakra is a centre of spiritual power within the human body in which energy flows through. There are seven chakras. They are circular in shape, and each chakra is a different colour. Let’s go through the seven chakras and their meanings.
Location: the bottom of your spine, where your tailbone is.
It is believed by some to be the most important chakra. The first chakra represents the foundation of feeling grounded.
Location: between your sexual organs and abdomen.
The second chakra is the center of our sexual nature.
The Third Chakra – Manipura, ‘Solar Plexus Chakra’
Location: stomach area, upper abdomen.
This is center of willpower, confidence and self-worth.
Location: in the center of the chest, just above the heart.
The home to feelings of love, inner peace and emotional balance.
Location: the throat.
The center our ability to communicate, self-expression and the truth.
Location: between the eyes, at the brow line (this chakra is also known as ‘The Brow Chakra’).
The center of intuition, awareness, the ability to think and make decisions.
Location: the very top of the head.
The highest chakra holds our ability to reach full spiritual connectivity within ourselves.
How does Chakra Meditation work?
There are many methods of practising chakra meditation. What’s important to know is the chakras individually, so you won’t forget what you are trying to connect with within yourself. For chakra meditation for beginners I would practise each chakra separately until you truly understand purpose of that specific chakra.
The purpose of chakra meditation is to remain connected to yourself spiritually. It has many amazing effects on the mind, body and soul! Including; boosting your confidence, improving your immune system, realization of self-worth, express and release emotions in a healthy manner, the list goes on!
I heard Chakra Meditation has healing power?
Chakra meditation is renowned for its healing power. Chakra balancing healing works (only in regular practise) because each chakra is accessed, thus created a wonderful feeling of togetherness within the human mind, body and soul.
This balancing feeling has known to be a natural remedy for mental illness issues such as depression and anxiety. Although it has proven to help with other issues such as grief, dealing with day-to-day problems and gaining financial wisdom too.
Whatever you may be going through healing does take time, but chakra meditation is known to be one of the best methods of meditation for healing.
So how do I practise Chakra Meditation?
It’s simple. There are only 5 steps you have to follow in order to practise chakra meditation.
5. Find a quiet space, where you can go undisturbed for the time allowed for meditation. Find chakra meditation music and let it play quietly in your space.
4. Be comfortable. Wear comfy clothes that allows your skin to breathe. It may be best to lie across a yoga mat, but you can sit up in a chair too. Whichever way you are most comfortable and relaxed.
3. Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to meditate. 30 minutes is great for chakra meditation for beginners. Try and meditate two or three times a week.
2. Be patient. If you’re new to meditating it can be tough to keep thoughts out of your head. But the more you practise the easier it gets, and the more of an effect chakra meditation has.
1. Breathe. Be aware of your breathing. Take deep breathes in, completely filling your lungs. Then let every atom of air out when you exhale. Repeat this throughout the meditation session. This way your mind, body and soul can relax and remain relaxed, allowing a bigger impact from chakra meditation.
I hope this helped you understand Chakra Meditation a little better. I completely recommend trying it as a method of meditation. I feel it makes you a stronger, more together person. If you want to check out some more about meditation and its benefits Meditation Relax Club has the low down on everything meditation, zen, and wellness!