When a person is seen to have a number of things go right for them, or they continue to attract good things into their life they are often portrayed as being ‘lucky’. Lucky people are the ones that never lose a game, always win a competition and no matter what they always seem to land on their feet.
To be lucky, it would seem, one must have some sort of genetic code that allows them to beat all the odds and come out on top, but we know that this is obviously not the case. Luck is not a gene, it is simply a way of life and one that is achievable for anyone with an adjusted mindset and change in attitude. Here’s how you can turn your luck around and attract good fortune into your life.
1. Lucky People Think Positively – If you go into something already thinking that you are going to lose, you probably will. Having a defeatist and self-deprecating attitude goes against everything it takes to get lucky. Believe you will win and believe you’re the best at everything – soon you’ll have yourself and others convinced that that is the truth.
2. Don’t Leave Things Up To Chance – Sometimes in life we say something ‘wasn’t meant to be’. This is fine up to a point, but if you think of everything as relying solely on chance and good fortune you are unlikely to achieve very much! You don’t get something for nothing in this life, lay down the groundwork first and put the hard work in and you will soon start to get lucky.
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”
3. Seize Opportunities – The more opportunities you take, the better your chances become of finding good fortune. Do as much as you can, meet as many people as possible and travel frequently. Broaden your mind and your horizons, when you open yourself up to the world the world opens itself up to you also.
4. Be Good To Everyone – Treat people well and make lots of friends along the way, the network you build is one of the greatest sources of luck you will find. Knowing a lot of people will help you all throughout your life and improve your chances for success and happiness. The world can seem like a big place at times but we are all so closely connected these days through the wonders of technology so cast your net wide and keep people on your side.
5. Fail With Grace – We will all fail at some time or another, whether an exam, a driving test or a job interview, sometimes things just don’t work out. Your attitude when you don’t get something determines your future success as if you start to think of yourself as having bad luck it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Don’t think of yourself as unlucky, just brush it off and try again with even more gusto and determination.
“The harder I work the luckier I get.”
Lucky people aren’t born that way, they create their own fortune. Whether you are born with wealth, good looks, prestige, it doesn’t matter if you don’t make the most of it – to be lucky is to take whatever you have in life and turn it into something much bigger using your skills, intelligence and sheer bravado. Remember that life is a game of chance so be a chancer, take risks, seize opportunities and luck will never be far away.