Bring mindfulness to your days. When something makes you think about meditation, you may immediately associate this practice to zen masters or buddhist gurus, sat in this practice for long hours, with their eyes closed, telling long and incomprehensible mantras. Nothing can be more wrong. In fact mindfulness awareness can be brought to your daily routine. How? Easy, follow these easy tips.
Mindfulness in technology
– When checking your emails, take a long and deep breath and focus only on this activity, without distraction.
– Set a bell notification sound which allows you to return to the present moment everytime it rings.
– Mindfulness without technology: if you’re going out for a walk or a run, leave your devices at home and focus on what’s around you.
Mindfulness in your daily routine
– Don’t sing under the shower, but feel every single drop of the water flowing across your body, concentrate on the sound of water and try not to think about anything else.
– Brushing your teeth is something you learn since you were a child, but a good teeth brushing requires patience and attention. Nothing can be more mindfulness than this healthy activity.
– Just the moment before you get to bed, take three deep breaths, then go under your blanket and feel this comfortable sensation.
Minfulness for your body
– Maybe this can be easier for women, but when you’re painting your nails, give importance only to this action and you’ll get better results.
– Every woman knows how important is to correctly remove your make up, so this is something you have to do with particular care focusing on it and voilà, this is a mindfulness meditation activity.
– Check your hands: feel the sensation you’re experiencing with your hands while working and try to relax yourself with a controlled breathing.
If anything on this list doesn’t help you, you can always try playing some music all around.
Feel free to play this song and if you like it you can download it for free and add it to your personal playlist. This relaxing music is called “Relaxing Flute (Yoga Music)”, from the album
Zen Mindfulness Meditation by Meditation Relax Club. You can also listen to the preview of the album clicking on the title and getting access to the iTunes store.
This music is the ideal song for mindfulness meditation: play it all around your room, sit comfortably or lay down on your bed, then close your eyes and start to count your breaths until 10, then start again concentrating on what you’re doing.