Christmas has come and gone, we’re already counting the days until the next Christmas feast but with all the festivities you may be feeling a little bloated. We here at Meditation Relax Club love Christmas, the parties, the food, the presents! But even we feel a little drained.
Let’s enter the new year with not just a cleansed mind, but a cleansed body too! There are plenty of new year detox plans, cleansing diets and ways to lose weight but we wanted to share the best, and most natural way to cleanse your body, help shift a few of those Christmas pounds and make you feel revitalised!
We’ve put together a 7 day detox plan which incorporates both body and mind: which means not only will you be on a cleansing diet, but you’ll be cleansing your mind too!
What Do & Don’t I Eat?
- Dairy products
- Sugar, honey, maple syrup
- Caffeine infused beverages such as coffee and caffeinated tea
- Grains: rye, barley, rice, wheat and spelt
- Dried fruit
- Beans’n’peas: kidney beans, chickpeas and lentils.
- Get fruity: kiwis, bananas, apples, all fruit is good to eat!
- Eat your greens: spinach, green beans, brussel sprouts, any green vegetables are good to eat!
- Chicken: but with no skin!
- Lean red meat: yes yes, red meat is known to be bad for cholesterol levels but it has it’s good sides! Enriched with vitamin B and protein, just two servings throughout the 7 days is all you need.
- Get nutty: Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews. But raw and unsalted.
- Be seedy: All seeds are a-okay to eat throughout this detox, and work as a great snack if you’re feeling peckish. But likes the nuts, make sure they’re raw and unsalted.
- Stay hydrated: water is the source of all life right? Drink anything between 1 to 3 litres a day, even if you’re not doing the detox!
But What Do I Do?
1. Morning time: Leave the cereal in the cupboard. It’s time to create a super fresh, super healthy fruit bowl to kick start the digestion and cleanse your body! Trade caffeinated tea and coffee for lemon tea.
This is deliciously effective, and the tanginess of the lemon wakes you right up! Just squeeze half a lemon into a cup of hot water and hey-presto!
2. Get the blood flowing: We can all agree blood circulation is pretty important right? Take a shower each day throughout the New Year’s Detox Plan, grab the closest natural fibre body brush or loofah and begin brushing your skin with firm circular strokes before hopping into the shower. This will support circulation and help detoxify your skin.
3. Busy mind? Bored mind? Get active: During the New Year Detox Plan it’s important to not only get rid of all the toxins in your body, but your energy too. Renew yourself. Aim for one hour of vigorous exercise a day.
It’s the perfect time to take up a new class, whether it be spin class or hot yoga. Whatever it is, it has to make you sweat.
4. Tea detox: Drinking pure, decaffeinated tea has unlimited benefits. It’s packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, fights the risk of a stroke, keeps you hydrated, boosts your immune system on so forth! Just make sure you don’t add any sugar or sweeteners!
5. Cleanse your mind: Body and mind can’t work without one another. So why not detox your mind? Dedicate anything from 30 minutes to an hour a day to meditation. Meditation has been scientifically proven to help ease anxiety, beat depression, improve your concentration and focus.
Never meditated? It’s really easy. Here’s the ‘First-Timers Guide to Meditation’ if you want to check it out!
6. Keep it raw: Raw foods have a higher amount of nutrients and enzymes than cooked foods. Aim to cut down on your intake of cooked foods. This can be anything from switching to salads all week, or going vegetarian for 7 days!
7. Chew your food: Chew your food between 10 – 15 times before swallowing. Eating like this actually breaks up your food better and improves your digestive system. Stay mindful whilst eating and this will help you to not overeat!
That’s all guys. Detoxing can be hard, but you’re body will thank you when it’s over. You’ll find yourself revitalised, with more energy and feeling much more aware! Good luck and happy New Year’s!