Our homes is where we spend the greatest portion of our day. As such, it is important that we try to make our living spaces as welcoming and as beautiful as possible. Here are 7 simple ways to be happy in your home in which you can achieve that goal.
1. Make your bed every morning. Simple, but it works. It just takes a couple of minutes every day, but finding a neat bed when you get home from a long day at work will give you a positive impact and make you feel relaxed and happy.
2. Leave every room the way you found it. Clutter brings stress, and once you forget to declutter once you risk being dragged in a messy spiral of procrastination for when the next time to clean up. It just takes three minutes to clean up before you depart; try doing it!
3. Display sentimental items. If you are wondering how to decorate your home, try using this tip. Add sentimental items you have collected through your life to the décor. Make your home a gallery of positive memories, and remember them every day.
4. Set a goal every morning. As soon as you wake up, set an intent for the day. It can be something as simple as “Today I will give my best to be positive and happy”. Give yourself something to look forwards and achieve through the day.
5. Do small favors. The ability to cultivate healthy relationships is also based on what you are able to give without expecting anything in return. Do small favors for the people around you without expecting to be thanked: when you do good, you feel good. And everyone feels better because of it.
6. Spend money on experiences. Being happy in your own home does not only mean buying new things with which to decorate it. Spend money on organizing social events and inviting someone over. Plan a dinner or a summer barbecue, and invite your friends to relax alongside you.
7. Meditate. Spend 20 minutes every day trying to connect with yourself and with something greater. Put things into perspective, and have a place in your home to do only that. Focus by the coffee table, or on your rug next to the window. Have a place you can truly call yours where to relax and lay back.
I hope you enjoyed these 7 simple ways to be happy, and tips on how to decorate your home in order to do so. Sometimes life is all about a change of perspective, and varying how the world around us look may influence in the most subtle but appreciable of ways…